Exhaustion - and I mean complete

I have been telling my rheumatologist for awhile now how exhausted I have been. Now to the normal healthy person out there who is thinking, "oh yeah, I know what you mean, I get tired too". Please be aware that if you say this to me, I might actually raise my voice at you or playfully hit you. Years ago I wouldn't have. I would have just smiled and brushed it off. However, now not so much anymore.

When I say I am exhausted, I mean I am exhausted. I am so darn tired that I can sleep 12 hours at night wake up in the morning and still be exhausted, not tired, exhausted. I can barely get my head off of the pillow. Yet, I do. I manage to drag my fat ass out of bed and clean myself up and do a few things around the house. However, lately, I have had to take a nap. Most people would think a nap is no big deal, 1 - 2 hours, what is the big deal? My naps are more like 5-6 hours and the only reason I get up is because I am made to get up. And yes, when I do get up, I am still yawning and freaking exhausted. So if you reply back to me that you are tired to, and you know what I mean, please be prepared for whatever comes your way. I cannot and will not be held responsible for my reactions to a stupid person!

I say a stupid person, because most people that seem to tell me they are "tired" are the same ones that know that I have an illness. They have had this whole thing explained to them several times, I have even sent them links to information on what I have.

So please when someone you know has an illness and they tell you they are exhausted or tired or whatever it is they tell you. Please for the love of God, don't try to "make them feel better" or whatever it is that you are doing by telling them that you are tired to. It does not help at all, it is annoying and irritating, as we only figure you really don't get it all.

This leads me to my next blog of how to fix the exhaustion...

Comments