How was your flight???

How was your flight? Are you sure you want me to answer that?

I started out on a NY bus ride from Grand Central Station to get me to the JFK terminal. Then to top it all off the great bus driver dropped me off at the arrival instead of departing side so there were no sky caps! UGH! I had to drag, pull (whatever you want to call it) my 52 lb. suitcase to the counter. Grazia (the best hostess in the world) of course was with me. She was so calm and patient. I on the other hand was ready to kill someone and take names later... and I am talking about so later, that maybe the names would never have been taken, ya know? I was so done with everything. By now I was sweating so much it was just plain GROSS, I was hurting so much I was wondering if I was going to be able to walk to my gate wherever the hell it was. I was just done. You know how sometimes you just get to that point, where you are DONE? I was there and teetering on the edge of NO RETURN!! Needless to say I was so pissed off, I sounded like a New Yorker!! ha ha wink wink

As we waited in line to check luggage (I had to do this since there were no skycaps) there were several screaming mimi's (aka loud obnoxious children). So Grazia was concerned that there might be children on my flight because there were several loud ones in the same line. However, not to worry those children were not on my flight. You see we were really early for my flight. So instead I was "blessed" with a young couple that had 2 "lovely" children, a girl , Ellie who is 3 years old and a boy, Henry who is 14 months. The family had the 3 seats behind me.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love children of all ages - it's the parents that need some training from time to time. So for the first 2 hours of the trip, Elie was so talkative, very good speech skills but did not know what an "inside" voice was. ha ha Neither did little Henry. For some reason if he got excited or upset he would let out an extremely high pitched loud shrill. It ran right through me. The mom also kept telling Ellie not to touch Henry's body. I am not sure what that was all about, but I kept hearing that. I thought it was strange, but who knows the reasons behind it. I never once heard Dad talk. Only the mom and children. I was thinking maybe he has the inside voice! :)

Besides the loud shrills, I was also getting kicked or hit in the back - this was so relaxing!! Don't you agree?? The best part came when I figured I would try and relax and just try and close my eyes. . . and then I got pinched on the back of my arm. That sure made me move quick. I was shocked. I wasn't sure which "lovely" child was doing it... so I waited... and finally caught sweet Henry in the act. I think I surprised him when I grabbed his hand. I was just thankful he didn't let out one of his famous shrills! I turned and saw his mom and she apologized and I said oh this time he didn't pinch me like the other times this time I surprised him and grabbed his hand. So she tells me to just go ahead and pinch him back if he does that again! I smiled and said that I would be careful who you tell those things to - you might get someone who would really follow through with that. (I may say things but I wouldn't do it) Funny it didn't seem to bother her much. She then proceeds to give them a "treat". Yup! You guessed it, she split a chocolate cupcake between the two of them. As soon as Henry saw the treat he started with his shrills because he was so excited about it. Their mom tried telling him that he had to wait till she divided it for the both of them, but he wasn't having any of that. Meanwhile I am thinking, Are you nuts lady? Giving them that kind of sugar on a plane, where they can't run around? I was wishing I had some children's Benedryl so I could have offered it to her. I mean I am only trying to be helpful.

I was able to kind of check out the plane then and there were a handful of people with young children and a few animals. I love children and animals. However, I really think that when you are picking your seats you should be able to know if someone is traveling with a child, infant, or with an animal. Although I love children I don't want to be kicked or hit the entire flight, or have someone crying, or throwing a fit. There are numerous reasons to want to know if children/animals are near you on your flight and I think it would be a great idea to be able to know. Don't you? After my experience on this flight, this make so much more sense to me!!

With that being said, I had a poodle behind me going to NYC and a cat and a Maltese mix several rows behind me coming back home. However, there are some people that are just "not animal" people for whatever reasons. I would think they would find it difficult to be near someone traveling with an animal and/or if they are allergic to them that would be very difficult as well.

My flight quieted down ~ the 2 rug rats, I mean Ellie and Henry (the sweet little children) seemed to fall asleep and take a nap. The dog only whined a bit when the pressure got to his ears or so it seemed that way. All in all the flight turned out to be OK, considering how it started out. . . but I still think it would be a great idea to be able to know if children or animals are going to be seated near you.

Oh! BTW~When the hell did they start charging $7 for an effing pillow and blanket? I mean seriously?? OMG!!!

Safe Travels everyone!!

Comments