I should know better then to leave my mom alone for too long.

So most of you know that I went on vacation for 6 days. No, I did not leave her all alone. I made sure there was someone that came over twice a day to check on her (and the animals) and there were 3 neighbors that knew she was alone and they called and checked in on her. I still called her at least once a day to talk to her and see how she and the kids (animals) were doing.

I am not sure if she got bored while I was gone or if she got lonely. . .but it is amazing what you will do when this happens. My mom... well, she cut her hair so short it is only about 1/2 to 1 inch long and then decided to color it (normally a nice choc. brown) but fell asleep while the color was still on, so the color ended up being left on for over an hour which did not turn out to be a choc. brown, but more like a Gothic Black (as she likes to call it)!

She never mentioned any of this to me while I was in NY. When I arrived home, the first thing I noticed of course was the SHORT haircut and the color. :) Of course I said to her, OH! I see you cut and colored your hair while I was in NY. She smiled and said yes, and then said she needed me to even it out when I get a chance. I was like what? Are you kidding me? If I cut any more anywhere to "even it out" I might as well shave your head, mom. It is already really short. Ya know?!

So about a week after being home, I tried to "even out" her hair. I'll tell you this I didn't cut much! She has been trying to wash her hair (like a million times) so that the color will lighten up some, she says it still looks BLACK to her, but I don't think it does.

The lesson to be learned.. don't let your mom get bored or lonely!!

Comments