My night with Daisy & Dan

I was asleep on an air mattress with a sleeping Boston terrier (Daisy) cuddled up next to me and a nice looking guy (Dan (that story might come later, that is if you are lucky!)) on the other side of me. I thought I was going to go to sleep like everyone else. I should know better then to assume these types of things. Shortly after I finally got comfortable, I hear a noise, one I am not all that familiar with. As I am not use to sleeping on an air mattress(hey I am up for trying new things). Then I got it... just about the same time Dan got it too. The mattress had a leak in it!! So we all get up and he finds the leak and of course it is a rather large hole in the mattress. Being a guy he has no patches. That is a guy thing, right? I mean 'cuz if it were me, I know I would have patches and know where the hell they were. Oh well. So he tries to pump this air mattress up (I guess he was thinking (hoping) that it would fill up and hold this time?) and it does not hold any air. In fact it almost seems like it deflates faster. OK, so I find this pretty funny but I try not to let it show (at least not too much). OK.. so he says, let's run to Walmart and I will get a new air mattress. At this point I have no idea what time it is but it would have to be to the 24 hr Walmart. I was like are you kidding me? No way.. not me. I will sleep on the couch or go home or whatever. He felt bad. I was like whatever. I couldn't believe he wanted to go to Walmart to get a new air mattress. I thought for sure he had to be kidding, but he wasn't. I go to the bathroom and can hear all this noise. So I get back into the bedroom and find that he has laid down several sleeping bags and comforters so that it would be a bit softer to lay on. As we know there is no way in HELL I could sleep on the floor. I wouldn't be able to move for days to come. It was sweet... but funny. I was thinking I can't believe this couldn't have happened earlier in the night. I find this extremely funny. So funny that I started laughing so hard, I practically had tears in my eyes. There is no more "bed" but instead a sleeping bag with comforters to make it "appear" like there is a bed and I can't stop laughing. I am sure he feels bad, but I can't help myself, I am in hysterics. I know it might be bad or wrong, I just can't help myself.

We all get settled in. Daisy goes under the covers right up against my side (she is like a little heater, she is so damn hot) and Dan on the other side of me (also throwing off heat). Thank God for A/C and fans I think I might have melted that night.

I can hear something. I am not sure what it is. Is it outside? In another part of the house? Who is it? What is it? Then I don't hear it. OK... so I think it must have been outside and whatever it is... oh wait there it is again.... OK... so maybe it wasn't outside, and it is the fan or the a/c making the noise? I got it! Daisy!! She is snoring!! OMG!! She is so snoring...I mean like a person snoring... like a person that you would see on America's Funniest Home Videos. Oh... wait she isn't a person, she is a 2 year old Boston Terrier. She is sound asleep. I am laying there wide awake, as she is all cozied up next to me snoring away. From time to time she must be dreaming because her feet will push against me or sometimes she will cry out or even a few times she even quietly barks! I know can you believe that? I can't. I am laughing under my breath... I don't want to wake her or Dan.

She seems to finally start to quiet down... ahh.. finally I think I might be able to nod off... except that would be way to easy...because you see Dan has now started to kind of snore. I say kind of because compared to Daisy it really is quiet! LMAO

I would say I dozed off and on throughout the night. Did I sleep well? Oh HELL no. I slept on the floor with a LOUD snoring dog, Daisy and Dan who kind of snored throughout the night.

It was a night I will not forget - no doubt about that.


Comments