My Mom ~ The best MOM in the WORLD

I know everyone says they have the best mom in the world, but I am telling you right now, I do! I am not going to argue with you or do any name calling or anything like that. You see I don't need to because I already know, she simply is the best mom in the world.

I am extremely lucky, blessed, fortunate to be close to my mom. I always have been. Even when I was going through that "tough time" in my teen years, we were still close. I know everyone says that their mom is the glue that held the family together and blah blah blah.

My mom held us together but she was able to hold us together even when she was so ill she was in the hospital for months at a time. I am pretty sure she doesn't realize this or that she even thought about that at the time, but she did just that. I know at the time that she was sick she was worried about me and my dad and how we were getting along but we were just fine. We missed having her at home but although she was the sick one, you wouldn't have known it. She was always smiling and with positive happy thoughts to share with us. She is still that way.

All my friends knew my mom and they all loved her. When I was young she always made sure my hair was fixed (perfect and if friends stayed over she did their hair too), the house was clean (spotless), we had home cooked meals and she always spent plenty of time with me. It was always very easy to talk to her. It seemed that my friends also felt the same way. Many of my friends would talk to her when they felt they couldn't talk to their moms. This still goes on today!

My mom has been through a lot in her life time and in my book she is still young (63 yrs, shh don't tell her I told you!!). She has been in and out of the hospital too many times to count with so many health issues it just isn't fair that she has had to endure all of that so early on in her lifetime, and yet she is still suffers with pain. She has lost both parents, 2 brothers and her husband already. She has also had to see her daughter deal with serious illnesses. And yet like I said, she still gets up everyday, puts a smile on her face and is as positive as can be.

I have always said that my mom is my best friend. So many people will tell you that you can't be a parent and a friend to your children. Well, let me tell you, I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had her for a friend when I was growing up. I know without a doubt that she is the one that kept me sane when I was about to go nutty, she was the one that lifted me out of the depths of depression when I was there and she was the one that always, and I do mean always laughed with me, cried with me and was even my partner in crime at times! Heck she still does all of those things! I know I am lucky, lucky beyond my wildest dreams.

I always say that I hope every little girl get to experience this...a closeness with their mom, and if not their mom, a womanly figure that they can feel this close to. I think everyone should be able experience this in their lifetime.

I know I am truly blessed. I love my mom more than words could ever say and she knows that because I do tell her I love her and often. Do you tell your mom you love her??

Comments

  1. You are very fortunate to have such a close, loving relationship with your mom. I do envy you. And I do envy Elaine's wonderful attitude toward life, possitive attitude, smiles and energy. Her ability to befriend anyone. She always made me feel loved and excepted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment