A simple phone call can make your day - you should try it.

It was Thursday night and the phone rang again...it had been one of those days when the phone rang constantly. It was one of those days that the handyman was there and although he was completing some jobs he was also driving you up a wall at the same time. You know those days, right? At the same time all you wanted to do was crawl back into bed because for whatever reason you are just so exhausted you can't keep your eyes open and hurt all over. Well, we know why I feel that way.

So like I said the phone rang and because I have caller ID, it tells me that it is a dear friend of mine, Corina. I have known Corina since the 3rd grade. She is one of two people that I have known that long. However, she is the only person that I have consistently kept in touch with. No, we don't call each other everyday or every week. We make sure we keep in touch, either email or phone. We try and see each other for our birthdays at least and hopefully more if at all possible.
So because of how my day went and now it was nighttime, I was even more exhausted, the last thing I wanted to do was get on the phone. But when I saw that it was her, I was pleasantly surprised. I answered the phone, and she greeted me with "Tammy! How are you? I've missed you!! We haven't seen each other in ages and I just wanted to tell you that I love you and you are my best friend!!"
That made my day...OK it made my week. Sometimes it just feels good to hear these things. Whether you know them or not... it just feels good. It brought tears (good ones) to my eyes and filled my heart with joy. I told her Thank you, and how good it was to hear that, but I don't think she really understood just how good that made me feel.
Amazing what a quick and simple phone call can do. It lifted my spirits, put a smile on my face and joy/love in my heart.
Have you made your phone call today?

Comments