Happy Halloweenie

It is that time of the year when you get to see all of the little ones dressed up. To me that is the best part of Halloween. Last year at this time, I had my godson, Jacob who had just turned a year old. I got him dressed (Lion) and ready and took him trick or treatin'! To this date I think that was the best Halloween yet! Sure, I have been to parties, but this took the cake.


Jacob (Lion)- Halloween 2008
 He loves looking at himself (Can you tell?) and I thought this was such a great shot!


This year, Sammy wanted to be a Snow Princess.  She is 8 years old and pretty smart for her age.  She was really excited about it.  She wanted me to fix her hair and make-up.  Unfortunately I was not feeling well this Halloween, but Sammy wanted me to come over, and I just couldn't say no to her.  I came over and had wanted to curl her whole head in spiral curls.  I think it was Murphy's Law - her hair was NOT co-operating. UGH!! I think I was more upset than she was!!   So I curled it under, and she was thrilled.  :)  I brought sparkly stuff and put it in her hair and on her face.  Then I had white make-up and I drew snowflakes on her face.  Now... anyone that knows me, knows I have no drawing ability at all.   On top of that it just so happens that my shakes were horrible.  So hear I was trying to draw (which is not something I can do anyway!) and my hands were shaking like crazy!  Believe it or not, I did it.  I surprised myself!  She was thrilled.  She wanted 1 large snowflake on one cheek and small ones on the other.  She seemed happy with the final product...which is really all that matters. :)

It ended up that her BFF, Mary Jo and her were going to go Trick or Treating together. This, I think made it even better.  Mary Jo was a kitty.  She looked adorable (of course). 



Mary Jo (Kitty) and Sammy (Snow Princess) - getting ready to go Trick or Treatin'



Sammy as a most adorable Snow Princess.  I thought I had taken a more close up picture of her so her "snowflakes" would be more visible, but I guess not.  My pictures came out a bit blurry due to my shakes.  UGH!!








The fireplace outside by the jacuzzi

After she left, Dan surprised me with a relaxing moment in the jacuzzi. It was really nice. He had prepared a nice fire in the backyard, had candles and drinks ready for us. Sounds good right? Oh noo... not for me, that would have been way too easy! I went to get out of the jacuzzi and leave it to me, but don't I slip and fall!!! I pummeled down the side of the jacuzzi and landed on hard cement. He tried to grab me but he didn't really make it in time. Cement is hard...and hurtful,in case you were curious. I knew this would hurt if I was a healthy person, but I was oh so afraid of what this would end up doing to me since I am not the healthiest person in the world. I ended up breaking 3 nails, getting a few scratches on my feet, scratching the hell all the way down the right side of my back and another scratch on the front of my left shoulder, and several bruises. The best part of this??? I have a strange bruise on my neck and it looks just like a hickey!! NICE!! I hate hickeys... I can't believe I got a bruise there and of course that one looks the darkest to me. Probably because the others are easily covered up and this one is right out in the open. Needless to say...I took some pain pills and prayed, wished and thought positive thoughts and anything else I could do in hopes I wouldn't be struck with pain to the point I couldn't move.

It is the next day and I am still not moving well.  More bruises are showing up.  I have scheduled a massage for Monday... (big sigh)...

However, even though I just about killed myself (lol) I still had a great Halloween... another one that will be remembered for years to come!! I hope you all did too!!

Comments

Post a Comment