Crazy Heart sadly disappointed me

Truthfully I don’t even remember when this movie was out in the theatres. But when the awards came around this movie was all the talk. I like the actors that were in this movie. There was Jeff Bridges, who won for Best Actor, Robert Duvall, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Colin Farrell. After all of the hoopla, I checked it out and thought it would be a pretty good watch. I mean I like country music (yes I am one of “those” people) and it seemed like a good story with great actors.



OK so am I only the one that didn’t find this movie to be one of the best movies of this year? Oh wait, no, my mother didn’t either, she counts right?


The movie started out very slow and I kept thinking it was going to pick up and start getting interesting…it never happened. Granted there were some good parts but they were small and very few and far between. You basically could tell what was going to happen before it did. There wasn’t much excitement or thrill in this movie. The ending was even more disappointing.


I am glad I didn’t waste the money on seeing it in the theatres. However, to me it was still a waste of my time to watch it.


Have you seen the movie? What were your thoughts on it?

Comments

  1. I thought the acting was good, but it was so unrealistic. He just decides, on his own after one bad thing happens with the kid, to check into rehab. Rehab works perfectly, and in a few weeks he is all better, no relapses or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, there's the spammer again. Lemme at 'em.

    Anyway, I have yet to watch, but felt exactly like you...it has to be a good movie, right? All the hoopla and great actors...the plot seems great.
    I get my movies from Redbox, and for some reason I kept holding out on getting it. Now, I'll probably hold out until it hits cable. Thank you for the heads up, because I really hate wasting my time and moola on a dud.
    P.S. Great review! You should do more!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment