Death surrounds me

I actually happen to be on the phone tonight (which for me is a rare occasion)! I hear my mom holler out something but I can't quite make out what it is. So I ask the person to please hold for a second and I go running out to the living room and my mom is in tears and she says she just got an email from Rosa's daughter, and Bob is dead. I was dumbfounded. Bob was one of my father's dearest friends. He was not ill. He had not been sick. What could have possibly happened? I went back to my phone call and explained that I got some bad news and I needed to go.

I immediately called them and waited for them to call me back. They said there was a memorial this Sat. I asked if I could ask what happened. It hadn't been that long since we had spoken to him. I was informed he took his life on Thursday. What????!!!!! His poor girlfriend found him, he had shot himself. I am still in disbelief...

I mean this is the man that I have known almost my entire life. Once my father became ill, he made it a mission of his that he visit my father weekly and if for some reason he wasn't able to make it because of work, he always called. After my father passed, he still called to check in on us. He always asked if there was anything he could do for "us girls" around the house.

I will miss Bob Nagle, greatly. He was a good man. You don't find those type of men anymore. God bless him and rest his soul.

I say that Death surrounds me, because it sure the hell feels like it. I mean I have almost lost count of how many people that I know that have passed away recently, and by this I mean in just the past year. I have lost my father, my doctor, my great aunt, another aunt, a close neighbor, 2 dear friends of the family and that is just the beginning of the list.

So when I say that I feel Death surrounds me, I think I can honestly say that... this is all within a year. Don't you think that is a bit much, a bit excessive??? I don't want anyone to suffer, by no means, but this seems to be a bit over the top.

Another memorial... may he and all the other souls rest in peace and have found their home. They will always be remembered.

Now.. he is up there with my father, and they are playing golf with Neil and Gary, like old times!!

Love you all and miss you all terribly. xoxo

Comments