Customer Service...ugh

I have to admit I hate, and I do mean hate having to call anywhere for any thing that is going to need customer service. You know, like the phone company for help with the Internet or a credit card company to deal with a problem on the account. It just isn't like it used to be. I know this is going to sound awful but it's true. And you know what I am talking about. Here goes..

So I call and when a live person finally gets on the phone that is after a 10 min wait time of listening to music and recordings in several different languages that of which you don't know what half of them are, a live person finally comes on. You are elated, OK, I am. Only to find out, that this person can barely speak English. Not only can this person barely speak English they are reading from a script and can hardly comprehend what you are saying. Now it is one thing if they are having a difficult time speaking English but if they also cannot comprehend it, HOUSTON we have a problem!!! How in the world are they suppose to help me? No matter what the problem is. Seriously, the company really thinks these people are going to help me. Oh dear God!! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. It just irritates me to no end that this is how business is handled and how we have to deal with it. I could go on and on and on...but I won't at least not this time!

I know I can't be the only one that gets this frustrated when calling a business and getting transferred to somewhere half way across the world to be helped by a non speaking English person, right??? Good, I thought so. Phew, I was worried for a half a second. It takes you twice as long to get your message across or understood so that then they can at least start working on the problem or addressing the situation. Then once you start there are usually several misunderstandings throughout the conversation because of communication issues. There is really no need for this. And because I know that this is what I am going to have to endure when I call certain places, I literally HATE doing it. I will put it off until I can't anymore. I know that is not good, but the thought of having to deal with the other is almost unbearable. And the strange thing is I can pretty much understand almost any accent so it is not like I don't understand them, it is just that it is so frustrating and tiring for me to keep trying to get my point across to them. I have to work twice as hard.

OK...I just stepped off my soap box...thanks for listening!

Comments