OMG - My Birthday is over and I survived it

Just to let everyone know (in case anyone was concerned) I survived my birthday.  I know I know...it didn't seem likely, but I did it.  It still amazes me. I am 38!!  No no, don't worry I don't think that is old or anything.  I believe that you are only old if you feel old.  Although I feel like shit most of the time, I still am NOT old..dam it!!  LOL

I was surprised to receive so many birthday wishes on my FB account. I never in a million years thought that I would receive so many birthday wishes. I also received wonderful e-cards and emails and calls and texts to wish me a Happy Birthday. It was really nice. 





A friend of mine from NY sent me a beautiful bouquet of "flower" cookies, a great Hoops and Yo-Yo card(you know one of those that sing out loud) and a digital photo album keychain. I still have to set that up yet! I also got pj's and $$ and bath stuff and cards and most of all.. I got lots of love.

I share my birthday with my Dad, who passed away 5/11/08.  I lit a candle for him today and wished him happy birthday.  I hope that he is having a good day.  Maybe playing golf with his buddies, or riding a motorcycle or maybe even having a beer with some of his buds that passed right around the same time he did.  I know he is not in pain and I know in my heart of hearts, that he is OK.  I truthfully didn't realize how difficult my birthday would be with him not here anymore...but it is.  I cried alot today, it was a tough one this year, but I made it. I learned alot today. 

I realized that there are more people out there that knew it was my birthday then I had any idea and those people cared enough to take a few moments out of their busy days to wish me a Happy Birthday.  That meant the world to me.

Thank you everyone!
Thank you for remembering my Birthday!!

Comments

  1. Awwh! I am glad to hear you had a great Birthday! Hopefully the good vibes continue through the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep leaving you comments and right when i click off...i see the word verification thingee. so, unfortunately, i think you may have missed out on a lot of my thoughtful, witty comments. had to come back and tell you...

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! 38 is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment